School-Based Teletherapy Podcast Course: 2 Contact Hours
Earn 2 contact hours toward your professional development requirements by listening to episodes 56 & 57 of the OT School House Podcast and taking a short quiz to demonstrate learned knowledge.
In this 2-part course for school-based occupational therapy practitioners, Jayson review the reserch and current common practices among school-based OT practitioners as schools accross the nation open in full distance learning or hybrid learning models. This course addresses occupational therapy teletherapy guidelines, practice, research, evaluations, and ethics.
Objectives for this Professional Development Podcast. Listeners will:
- Understand how the American Occupational Therapy Association defines telehealth and the professional guidelines that OT practitioners must adhere to.
- Identify 4 key aspects to consider when deciding the best teletherapy format for their school-based students
- Be able to identify ethical considerations that must be addressed when determining if and when to provide teltherapy services.
- Understand the options available to completing evaluations over a telehealth medium.
- Understand the pros and cons of popular school-based teletherapy platforms.
When purchased, you will receive a document instructing you on how to take a short quiz in order to demonstrate mastery of the learning objectives. You will also receive a copy of the slides that accompany episodes 56 and 57 of the OT School House Podcast.
Upon passing the short quiz, you will be provided a certificate of completion to use for state licensure and/or national board certification renewal.